In this post, Attorney Jacob Sapochnick Esq, will explain the process of applying for citizenship and naturalization.
If you are considering applying for U.S. Citizenship, you must wonder where to start. In this video we will cover the steps involved in the process.
- Read ‘A Guide to Naturalization’ for information on the naturalization process.
- Determine if you are eligible to apply for citizenship.
- Review the Naturalization eligibility worksheet to help you decide if you are eligible to apply for naturalization
- Download Form N-400, Application for Naturalization
- Complete your application
- Have 2 passport style photos taken
- Collect the necessary documents
- Review the document checklist to assist you as you collect your documents
- Send your application package and filing fees to the appropriate Lockbox Facility or Service Center.
- Receive an appointment letter for biometrics from USCIS
- Visit a USCIS fingerprinting location and have fingerprints taken
- Receive an appointment for an interview with a USCIS officer
- Go to your local USCIS office at the specified time
- Bring state-issued identification, Permanent Resident Card, and any additional documents specific to your case.
- Answer questions about your application and background
- Take the English and civics tests
- Await a decision on your case
For more information please contact our office.