In this episode, attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick, provides an update on the OPT Stem Extension Decision.
- OPT STEM has been extended.
- This ruling will basically stop OPT Program.
- District Court Judge Ellen Hovel found that the government made an error by not seeking public when it extended the 12-month OPT Program for STEM students.
- The ruling could have invalidated the OPT extension immediately but instead the government gave 6 months to submit the OPT extension rule.
- If the problem isn’t solved within 6 months, the OPT extension will be canceled on all these visa holders. They will then have only 2 months to leave the country.
- OPT was created in 2008 due to the shortage of H1B visa.
For further questions please call our office.