What specialty occupations are accepted for H-1B visa?

Thinking of applying for the H-1B visa? Not sure what qualifies as a specialty occupation? In this segment attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick answers your questions regarding what specialty occupations are permissible for H-1B visa.

The H-1B visa is for professionals who possess either a U.S. master’s or bachelor’s degree, bachelor’s degree equivalency, or work experience necessary to fill a specialty occupation. Normally this requires possession of a degree or evidence that the applicant possesses the relevant experience to fill the position. The H-1B visa allows you to live and work in the United States. The classification also covers your dependents who may live and study in the United States. Even if your job is not considered a common ‘H-1B occupation’ there may be ways for you to obtain it.

Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram. For legal advice please contact us.

For more information about the H-1B visa click here.