In this segment, attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick discusses new changes applying to OPT STEM extensions.
The new changes include:
– The new STEM OPT proposal will provide for an extension of OPT optional practical training replacing the 2008 proposal.
– The proposal will increase OPT STEM extensions from 17 months to 24 months.
– This will require employers to implement formal mentoring and training programs.
– In addition, the proposal aims to safeguard the rights of US workers in related fields.
– Students must report to DHS for any changes in their name, address, and employers.