Can same sex couples apply for immigration benefits?

In this segment, attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick discusses one of our most frequently asked questions: can same sex couples apply for immigration benefits?


– Yes, it is possible for a qualifying relative to apply for immigration benefits for their spouse if the marriage is valid by the laws of a state allowing same sex marriage to take place.

– If the above is true, same sex couples can marry and proceed with immigration benefits.

– Even if you don’t live in a state that allows same sex couples to marry, as long as you married in a state that does allow same sex marriage, you can proceed with your federal benefits.

Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram. For legal advice please contact us.