What is a K-1 Fiance Visa and What are the Requirements to Apply?

What is a K-1 fiance visa and what are the requirements to apply? Watch attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick discuss the K-1 fiance visa below for more information.

– Only a US citizen, not a green card holder, can file a fiancé visa for their significant other

– The US citizen must marry their foreign national fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States on a K-1 visa. If the US citizen does not marry the foreign national, they must depart the United States or risk deportation

– In order to apply for a K-1 visa, both the US Citizen and the foreign national must be free to marry throughout the whole process

– The US Citizen and foreign national must have met in person physically. Physical meeting is crucial, however, there are exemptions

-To apply for a fiance visa, you must provide documented evidence of your relationship to prove that it is a bona fide relationship.

For more information on the K-1 visa please click here. For legal questions please call our office.

Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram. For more information please visit our website.