Articles Posted in Featured

Thinking of applying for the H-1B visa? Not sure what qualifies as a specialty occupation? In this segment attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick answers your questions regarding what specialty occupations are permissible for H-1B visa.

The H-1B visa is for professionals who possess either a U.S. master’s or bachelor’s degree, bachelor’s degree equivalency, or work experience necessary to fill a specialty occupation. Normally this requires possession of a degree or evidence that the applicant possesses the relevant experience to fill the position. The H-1B visa allows you to live and work in the United States. The classification also covers your dependents who may live and study in the United States. Even if your job is not considered a common ‘H-1B occupation’ there may be ways for you to obtain it.

Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram. For legal advice please contact us.

For more information about the H-1B visa click here.


What is a K-1 fiance visa and what are the requirements to apply? Watch attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick discuss the K-1 fiance visa below for more information.

– Only a US citizen, not a green card holder, can file a fiancé visa for their significant other

– The US citizen must marry their foreign national fiance within 90 days of their arrival to the United States on a K-1 visa. If the US citizen does not marry the foreign national, they must depart the United States or risk deportation

– In order to apply for a K-1 visa, both the US Citizen and the foreign national must be free to marry throughout the whole process

– The US Citizen and foreign national must have met in person physically. Physical meeting is crucial, however, there are exemptions

-To apply for a fiance visa, you must provide documented evidence of your relationship to prove that it is a bona fide relationship.

For more information on the K-1 visa please click here. For legal questions please call our office.

Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram. For more information please visit our website.


This is the Law Offices of Jacob J Sapochnick: Find out what we do!

Since 2004, we have efficiently and conveniently served our clients located across the United States and around the world through the use of cutting-edge technology and other innovations, always maintaining the personal connection you have come to expect from us.

You can express your interest, or schedule an appointment by emailing us at We are excited to expand our ability to help many more of you, as you seek to achieve your American dream of living and working in this great country, a nation of immigrants.

Looking back, it is hard to narrow the reasons for our firm’s success. So much goes into that, but the main three ingredients have to be the lawyers, staff and clients. I am amazed at the enduring relationships we have with our clients.

Our office has been blessed with a staff that is motivated, efficient and very capable. I also think it important that they are compassionate for our clients’ issues – this is more than a job for us all – it is a calling.

Remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram.


Interested in applying for a business B-1 visa? Thinking of visiting the United States as a tourist? In this video, Attorney Jacob J Sapochnick, Esq.,  discusses B-1 and B-2 visas. Note: If you are a citizen of a country under the Visa Waiver Program, you do not need to apply for a B-2 tourist visa.

For questions on the application process and documents required please contact our office.  Remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram. We are happy to help.


Senior Case Manager Inese Grate talks about Investment Opportunities for Russians moving to the USA

For more information contact our office and please remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram 


According to the LA Times, Predator drones, the unmanned aircraft used by the U.S. military in the Iraq and Afghanistan war zones, will soon be employed to track illegal immigrants on the Mexico-California border.

The drone, will be operated out of the Antelope Valley by the military contractor General Atomics. The drones will fly above the border region with advancing electronic tracking equipment looking for illegal immigrants crossing into California.

According to the San Diego-based company, the drones will transmit information to U.S. authorities on human smuggles as well drug smuggling.


Read more here….

Here is a good one from the Houston Chronicle. some Houston charities are asking whether children are in the country legally before giving them toys.

The Salvation Army and a charity affiliated with the Houston Fire Department are among those that consider immigration status, asking for birth certificates or Social Security cards for the children.

What is the point here???

The point isn’t to punish the children but to ensure that their parents are either citizens, legal immigrants or working to become legal residents, said Lorugene Young, whose Outreach Program Inc. is one of three groups that distribute toys collected by firefighters.

Read more here…