AskmyLawyer: Work Permits/Authorization for H4 visa holders is that possible?

Subscribe to our Channel for Updates. Follow us on Facebook
The current status is the H4 visa holders, spouses of H1B visas can not work. Why? This is the law.

The Department of Homeland Security proposes to amend its regulations by extending the availability of employment authorization to H-4 dependent spouses of principal H-1B non-immigrants who have begun the process of seeking lawful permanent resident status through employment and have extended their authorized period of admission or “stay” in the U.S. under section 104(c) or 106(a) of Public Law 106-313, also known as the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21). Allowing the eligible class of H-4 dependent spouses to work encourages professionals with high demand skills to remain in the country and help spur the innovation and growth of U.S. companies.

Legislation is currently pending, the Bill is being reviewed and comments are processed. We will update you.