How to Apply for a Green Card from a Student Visa

In this series, Attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick, Esq. discusses the process of applying for permanent residence for individuals on a valid student visa.

Notes to keep in mind when applying for permanent residence:

– F visa holders must know that when they apply for a green card they may lose their chance of renewing their F1.

– The length of the green card process can take two or more years. This process will not allow you a right to stay in the US.

– Until you can get to the adjustment of status process, you won’t be allowed to work.

– It may take years to adjust your status especially for those from India and China.

– Always get advice from a qualified attorney before filing from an F1

For additional questions on how you can live and work in the United States please call our office for a legal consultation.

Remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram. For more information please visit our website.