In this segment, attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick discusses how President Barack Obama’s Executive Actions on immigration can benefit employment-based visa holders. To learn more about the status of the Executive Actions please click here. For information about employment-based green cards click here.
How can individuals in the United States under an employment-based visa benefit from Obama’s executive actions on immigration?
- Visa allocation for highly skilled workers is likely to improve visa processing;
- The government will work with the State Department to ensure that all visas authorized by Congress will be issued to people who are eligible;
- Visa issuance backlogs will likely improve;
- The process for determining visa availability likely to improve;
- Rules will be put in place so that priority dates will be preserved for people who are in the process of changing jobs;
More questions? Please contact us for a consultation.