E2 Visa Lawyer: Can I get a Green Card from an E2 Visa?

In this video Attorney Jacob J Sapochnick Esq., explains one of our most frequently asked questions: Can I get a Green Card from an E2 Visa?

While there is no direct way to convert an E2 Visa to a Green Card, there are ways to get a Green Card from an E2. Normally E2 Visas are non immigrant visas, so the intention is to return to the home country one way.

You are eligible to apply for a Green Card while under E-2 status as long as you meet the guidelines through one of the following methods:

  • EB-1 Green Card: You can obtain a green card while under E-2 status if you are an “Alien of Extraordinary ability” or a “Multinational Manager or Executive.” If you find yourself in one of these categories, you can file an immigration petition under one of these categories
  • Family Based Immigration Green Card: You may obtain a green card if you have close relatives in the United States. Your relatives may file a petition in this case.
  • National Interest Waiver: If you are an “alien of exceptional ability,” have an advanced degree or an equivalent level of experience, and can show that your services will greatly benefit the United States, then you may file a National Interest Waiver (NIW).
  • Employment Based Immigration: If you can find an employer who is willing to file a Labor Certification form with the Department of Labor, then you may qualify for a green card through the employment based immigration process. Or Self Petition EB2 based on a self petitioned H1B.
  • EB5 Visa – Green Card based on investment of 500K or Million depending on the location in the US.

For more information on this subject contact our office and please remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram