In this video, attorney Jacob Sapochnick speaks with personal injury attorney Mitch Jackson and gives viewers insights on how to secure a job in the United States as a foreign worker, how to penetrate the market, and stand out from the crowd.
- Begin researching the different employment visa types to determine which visa is right for you depending on your level of education, skill, and the field that you want to work in. For example if you are a software engineer the H-1B visa will be a good option for you, if you want to start your own business an E-2 visa may be right for you. Once you have done some preliminary research, reach out to an immigration attorney to discuss the pros and cons of different visas that may be available to you
- Understand the requirements for the visa you would like to obtain so that you can explain the process to a potential employer
- Attend as many networking events as possible in your particular industry, if possible in the United States
- Use social media to reach out to potential employers
- Show employers how you can build value for their business
- Carefully tailor your resume/build a website to show employers your credentials
For more tips please keep watching.
To purchase Jacob’s book My American Job please click here.
Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram