In this segment, attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick discusses the H-1B visa and gives you insider tips on how to file the perfect H-1B visa package. To learn more about the H-1B visa click here. To read our H-1B visa guide please click here.
- The H-1B nonimmigrant visa petition may be filed starting April 1, 2016;
- The Labor Condition Application (LCA) can be submitted to the Department of Labor no earlier than six months. Due to this you must include a starting date on the LCA that comes before October 1st, 2016;
- Regarding US degrees, one must submit proof by way of an official of the school: dean, registrar, etc.;
- There are regulations that extend the authorized stay of all F-1 students under the Cap Gap exemption;
- Be very clear with the attorney working on your case as to the kind of position that you will be applying for.