Welcome back to the Immigration Lawyer Blog, where we discuss all things immigration. In this video, attorney Jacob Sapochnick reports on an exciting announcement, premium processing services are resuming for most petitions starting June 1st. Do you want to know more about this new update?
Keep on watching for more information.
As you know, on March 20, 2020, USCIS temporarily suspended premium processing services for all Form I-129 and I-140 petitions due to the Coronavirus. Petitioners who submitted a premium processing request in connection with Form I-129 or Form I-140, before the March 20 suspension, but received no action and no refund, may refile Form I-907 in keeping with the timeline discussed below.
How will premium processing services resume?
Premium processing will resume in a multi-phased approach.
First, effective June 1, 2020, USCIS will accept premium processing requests for all eligible Form I-140 petitions.
Second, effective June 8, 2020, USCIS will accept premium processing requests for:
- H-1B petitions filed before June 8 that are pending adjudication and are cap-exempt (for example, petitions filed by petitioners that are cap-exempt and petitions filed for beneficiaries previously counted toward the numerical allocations).
- All other Form I-129 petitions (non H-1B petitions) for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for premium processing filed before June 8 that are pending adjudication.
Third, effective June 15, 2020, USCIS will accept premium processing requests for:
- H-1B petitions requesting premium processing by filing an I-907 concurrently with their I-129 (or request for a petition filed on or after June 8) and are exempt from the cap because:
- The employer is cap-exempt or because the beneficiary will be employed at a qualifying cap-exempt institution, entity or organization (such as an institution of higher education, a nonprofit research organization or a governmental research organization); or
- The beneficiary is cap-exempt based on a Conrad/IGA waiver under INA section 214(l).
Fourth, effective June 22, 2020, USCIS will resume premium processing for all other Form I-129 petitions including:
- All H-1B cap-subject petitions (including those for fiscal year 2021), including change of status from F-1 nonimmigrant status, for both premium processing upgrades and concurrently filed I-907s.
- All other Form I-129 petitions for nonimmigrant classifications eligible for premium processing and requesting premium processing by filing an I-907 concurrently with their I-129.
Please note that these are tentative dates released by USCIS and can be subject to change as they continue to monitor their ability to process these in a timely fashion.
For more information please click here.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these updates please contact us at email@example.com or call our office at 619-819-9204 for a consultation.
If you found this post useful please share and remember to follow us on our social media platforms Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for more immigration news.
Immigration and COVID-19 Resource Center
For further immigration information related to COVID-19 please visit our Immigration and COVID-19 Resource Center here.
Follow our New Facebook Group for COVID 19 and EO Updates
As a reminder, we have created a new facebook group to address the impact of the executive order and other changing developments related to COVID-19. Follow us there!