Articles Posted in I-751 Waiver

Live outside our office building with a few fun facts you should know….

Posted by San Diego Immigration Lawyer, Jacob J. Sapochnick on Sunday, August 23, 2015

In this video Attorney Jacob J. Sapochnick takes you on a tour of our law office located at 1502 Sixth Avenue in sunny San Diego, California on the corner of Beech Street and Sixth Avenue. Come and visit us today. We offer free first time consultations to meet your immigration needs.

For more information on the services we provide please click here.

To read our client testimonials please click here.

Remember to follow us on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Instagram for daily updates.


It is our pleasure to introduce you to our in-house attorney Marie Puertollano. From preparing clients for their citizenship and marriage interviews to successfully filing I-601A waivers and I-360 applications, Marie Puertollano Esq. is an attorney that wears many hats.

Marie Puertollano specializes in processing various types of applications with USCIS including the successful processing of H1-B’s, I-751 waivers, religious worker visas, asylum, I-601A waivers, F-1 reinstatement, B-2 tourist visitors, B-1 business visitors, H-3 trainees, I-360 abused spouses, etc.

Bio: Marie Puertollano was born and raised in France. She earned two Master Degrees in Law at California Western School of Law; one in France in Public Law and one in the United States in Comparative Law (LL.M). Marie Puertollano is fluent in French, English and Spanish. Marie has been with the law offices of Jacob Sapochnick since March 2012.

Marie developed a passion for the protection of immigrants’ rights, while being a social worker in Gainesville, GA. Marie worked with an organization helping battered women to obtain their visa and for an organization helping detained and non-detained people seeking cancellation of removal proceedings.

In her spare time she enjoys spending time with her family, swimming, biking, and dancing. She regularly serves food to the homeless and is a motivational speaker.

To schedule a first time consultation please contact our office. Remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram 


In this post, Attorney Jacob Sapochnick Esq,  will explain the process of immigrating a foreign spouse to the United States utilizing ShowMe drawing technology.

The first part of the process is to file the marriage petition I-130 with USCIS.

Once approved, the following steps take place after you have submitted all required forms and documents to the NVC: 

Step 1

If you are the beneficiary of an I-130 petition, you should contact your petitioner to ensure that they have completed Affidavit of Support Processing.

Step 2

Once the NVC has received your forms and documents, the NVC will review your immigrant visa application and may request additional information from you.

Step 3

Approximately one month before your visa interview appointment, you will receive an appointment letter containing the date and time of the interview, along with instructions for obtaining a medical examination.

For more information on filing an I-751 Waiver please contact our office. Remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram 


What happens to the conditional resident’s green card once the marriage ends in divorce? In this video Attorney Jacob J Sapochnick Esq., discusses one of our most frequently asked questions regarding what a conditional resident can do once their marriage ends in divorce.

If you received U.S. residence because of a recent marriage to a U.S. citizen, your first, “conditional” green card will be valid for only two years. In order to trade that one in for a permanent green card, you will need to file a Form I-751, Petition to Remove the Conditions of Residence. This must (in most cases) be signed by both you and by your U.S. citizen spouse, and mailed to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within the 90 days before the two-year anniversary of the date your conditional green card was issued.
But if you divorce (or your marriage is annulled) before the two years have passed and you want to continue to live in the U.S., filing this petition jointly with your spouse will be impossible. You will still need to submit Form I-751, but will have to include a request for a “waiver” of the joint filing requirement. The waivers most likely to be relevant to your case are based on: divorce after a good-faith marriage abuse or battery by the U.S. spouse in a good-faith marriage, and extreme hardship to the immigrant if returned to his or her country of origin.

For more information on filing an I-751 Waiver please contact our office. Remember to follow us on FacebookYoutubeTwitter, and Instagram