Want to know all about the August 2023 Visa Bulletin? Then you’ve come to the right place.
In this video, we share with you the latest movement in the family-sponsored and employment-based preference categories for the month of August.
There will be significant retrogression of the final action date in the EB-1 India preference category by 10 years and 1 month to January 1, 2012.
Additionally, a final action cutoff date for all countries in the EB-1 category, except China, will be imposed at August 1, 2023.
The EB-3 Professionals and Skilled Workers final action date will also retrogress by 1 year and 9 months to May 1, 2020, except for India which will remain at January 1, 2009, and China which will advance by 2 months to June 1, 2019.
In the family-sponsored categories, the dates for filing cutoff dates remain the same as the previous month, except F-1 Mexico which will advance by 2 years and 3 months to April 1, 2005, and F2B Mexico which will advance by 2 years and 4 months to August 1, 2004.
Here are some of the highlights of the August 2023 Visa Bulletin starting with the family-sponsored categories.
Employment-based categories Highlights
*Final Action cutoff dates – Retrogressions in August:
For employment-based preference categories, adjustment of status applicants must use the Final Action Dates chart in the Department of State Visa Bulletin for August 2023.
- EB-1 India will retrogress by more than 10 years to January 1, 2012
- EB-1 Worldwide, China:
- The State Department has imposed a final action cutoff date for EB-1A Worldwide for all countries except China, at August 1, 2023.
- The EB-1 China Final Action Date will remain at February 1, 2022.
- EB-2 Worldwide, China:
- EB-2 China will advance by one month, to July 8, 2019.
- The Final Action Date for EB-2 India will remain at January 1, 2011.
- The EB-2 Worldwide Final Action Date will advance by six weeks, to April 1, 2022, for all other countries.
- The Final Action Date for EB-3 China Professional/Skilled Worker will advance by two months, to June 1, 2019.
- EB-3 India Professional/Skilled Worker will remain at January 1, 2009.
- For all other countries, the EB-3 Professional/Skilled Worker Final Action Date will retrogress by almost two years, to May 1, 2020.
Prediction: We predict that by October 2023 the EB-1 final action dates will advance significantly, depending on usage and on the FY 2024 annual numerical limit which will reset in October (the start of the fiscal year).